TTTIC (pronounced tee-tick)
Trinidad & Tobago Tourism Industry Certification (TTTIC) programme is a national certification programme. The procedure by which an independent body (third party) gives written assurance that Tourism Operators conform to specified requirements outlined within the relevant National Standard. Certified tourism operators include Tour Guides, Tour Operators, Short Term Motor Vehicle Rental Operations, Bed and Breakfast and Self Catering facilities, Hotels and Guest Houses, and Tourist Land Transport Service Providers.
TTTIC is a voluntary national quality assurance tool that is valid for a period of one (1) year and is envisioned to:
- Improve and standardize the quality of tourism products and services
- Increase visitor confidence in booking tourism services
- Increase the competitiveness of tourism operators in the international arena
- Provide a framework for sustainability of the tourism sector
- To provide an avenue through which T&T can differentiate its product
The TTTIC programme is the first and only tourism industry certification programme in the Caribbean developed and administered by the national agency for industry standards and certification in conjunction with the tourism authorities.
TTS 22-3:2011, Requirements for Tourist Accommodation – Part 3: Villas
TTS 22-2:2014, Requirements for Tourist Accommodation – Part 2: Bed & Breakfast and Self-Catering Facilities (1st Revision)
TTS 22-1:2012, Requirements for Tourist Accommodation – Part 1: Hotels and Guesthouses (2nd Revision)
TTS 579:2018, Tour Guiding Services – Requirements (1st Revision)
TTS 580:2009 Specifications for Tour Operators
For Trinidad Applicants