This CARICOM Regional Standard specifies the characteristics of wheat flour for human consumption prepared from Triticum aestivum L. (common wheat) or, Triticum compactum Host (club wheat) or mixtures thereof which is pre-packaged for sale or sold in bulk.
This standard is applicable to “self-rising flour”.
This CARICOM Regional Standard is not applicable to:
a) any product made from durum wheat (hard wheat, Triticum durum Desf.), singly or in combination with other wheat;
b) the following products:
1) whole meal,
2) whole wheat flour or semolinas,
3) farina milled from Triticum aestiuvum L. (common wheat), Triticum compactum Host (clubwheat), or mixtures thereof,
4) wheat flour to be used in brewing, for the production of starch or gluten, or for non-food industrial use;
5) wheat flour in which the protein content has been reduced;
6) wheat flour after the milling process which has been subjected to special treatments other than bleaching or drying;
7) wheat flour which have been added ingredients other than those stipulated in this standard.