The overall objective of this TOR is to ensure the public laboratories are adequately prepared for the assessment of the technical competency of staff through the preparation of the general, structural, resource, process, and management system requirements in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025:2017. This objective advances the assessment and accreditation agenda of public laboratories through capacity building via change management to improve the operational effectiveness of the laboratory’s quality management system, identifying its’ resource requirements and implementing process requirements to improve quality, accuracy, precision and reliability of tests and calibrations.
Scope of Services
The scope of services for this Terms of Reference will focus on the implementation of the laboratory management system to ISO/IEC 17025:2017standard as well as the preparation for the accreditation process. This will include:
- The assessment of technical support that will be required inclusive of Resource requirements, Structural requirements, Process requirements, and Management system requirements;
- Development of documentation to support accreditation to the afore mentioned standard inclusive of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Competency reviews, Quality Documentation and other documents as required;
- Assess and report on Technical Requirements such as Personnel, Accommodation, Laboratory Equipment, Metrological Traceability and other relevant items;
- Implement a Change management strategy to bring the laboratory within accreditation to aforementioned standard;
- Training/Mentorship required to change and maintain operations to the new standard.
Closing Date: 2022-08-16