The Trinidad and Tobago Bureau Standards (TTBS) is the National Body for Quality Certification as declared in the Standards Act No. 18 of 1997. We can certify products to various national, regional and international standards.
Product certification is a means of providing assurance that products comply with specified requirements in standards and/or other normative documents. It may also facilitate product differentiation and market access. Some certification schemes are mandatory and subject to legal enforcement.
Parties that have an interest in certification include, but are not limited to:
a) the customers of the organizations whose products are certified;
b) governmental authorities;
c) non-governmental organizations; and
d) consumers and other members of the public.
Product certification schemes may include testing, inspection, assessment of the suppliers’ quality management systems, and market surveillance activities.
A certified product carries the Trinidad and Tobago Standard Mark.
Trinidad and Tobago Bureau of Standards,
1-2 Century Drive,
Trincity Industrial Estate, Macoya,
Trinidad and Tobago W.I,
Tel: (868) 662-8827, Fax: (868) 663-4335
- Office of the TTBS Secretary (Main Ext: 2003)
- Certification Division (Main Ext: 2221)
- Implementation Division (Main Ext: 2417 / 2418 / 2419 / 2420 / 2421)
- Laboratory Accreditation (Main Ext: 2248)
- Laboratory Services Division (Main Ext: 2361)
- Metrology Division (Main Ext: 2307)
- Legal Metrology Inspectorate (Ext 2348)
- Standardization Division (Main Ext: 2041 / 2042)
- Standards Information Centre (Main Ext: 2033)
- Human Resource Unit (Main Ext: 2021)
- Operator (Main Ext: 0)
- Marketing Unit (Main Ext: 2261)