Mandate, Mission & Vision
The Trinidad & Tobago Bureau of Standards ( TTBS) is a body corporate established on July 8th, 1974 and now governed by the authority of the Standards Act No. 18 of 1997. TTBS operates under the aegis of the Ministry of Trade and Industry. It has a statutory responsibility for the quality of goods and services, which are subject to trade in the Republic of Trinidad & Tobago, except food, drugs, cosmetics.
The primary role of TTBS is to develop, promote and enforce standards in order to improve the quality and performance of goods produced or used in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. To ensure industrial efficiency and development; promote public and industrial welfare, health and safety; and protect the environment.
TTBS’ mandate includes all goods except food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, pesticides and agricultural produce.
To be the essential provider of national quality solutions leading to a standards conscious society that is globally competitive.
To champion the development and implementation of standards, measurement systems and conformity assessment services for the competitiveness and sustainability of Trinidad and Tobago.
NAMES OF THE MEMBERS OF THE TTBS’ BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Mr. Lawford Dupres (Chairman)
Mr. Dayle Richard Connelly (Vice-Chairman)
Mr. Andre Ow Buland (Member)
Mr. Farz Khan (Member)
Ms. Renee Johncilla (Member)
Ms. Trudy Lewis (Member)
Mr. Maurice Moniquette (Member)
Mr. Vishram Ramlakhan (Member)
Mr. Gary Turpin (Member)
Mr. Glenn Wilson (Member)
TTBS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Mr. Derek Luk Pat, Executive Director
Trinidad and Tobago Bureau of Standards,
1-2 Century Drive,
Trincity Industrial Estate, Macoya,
Trinidad and Tobago W.I,
Tel: (868) 662-8827, Fax: (868) 663-4335
- Office of the TTBS Secretary (Main Ext: 2003)
- Certification Division (Main Ext: 2221)
- Implementation Division (Main Ext: 2417 / 2418 / 2419 / 2420 / 2421)
- Laboratory Accreditation (Main Ext: 2248)
- Laboratory Services Division (Main Ext: 2361)
- Metrology Division (Main Ext: 2307)
- Legal Metrology Inspectorate (Ext 2348)
- Standardization Division (Main Ext: 2041 / 2042)
- Standards Information Centre (Main Ext: 2033)
- Human Resource Unit (Main Ext: 2021)
- Operator (Main Ext: 0)
- Marketing Unit (Main Ext: 2261)